New look of main website

If it doesn't fit elsewhere.....

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

SailingUphill

New look of main website

Post by SailingUphill »

I have to admit I was happily surprised to see the website updated. Looks like a lot of work went into the design.
Classified section looks pretty sweet as well.

Thank you to all involved for the hard work.
Presently hull 399, "Ragtime" Blackwater Yacht Racing, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Fomerly hull 68,"Rum Line," Paupack Sail Club, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA.
reidmefirst

Re: New look of main website

Post by reidmefirst »

Likewise I happened on the site today (mostly 'cuz I saw a 7.9 for sale on Sailing Anarchy, Foxy, with a bowsprit and asymmetrics! Was wondering if anyone had any info on Foxy on the forums ;-)).

I did just register for an account. May mail a check to the new clubexpress thing, although I think I paid for a membership earlier this year so maybe the powers that be will mark my account as paid up.

Neat about the new management system, been looking for something for the local yacht club and it seems cheap and reasonably modern, maybe it'd work!
MnM20

Post by MnM20 »

I happened upon Foxy at the 2019 NAs in Racine. She was sitting on a trailer. Boat looked well sorted. Bow sprit done right and clearly by someone who knew what they were doing..
"Maiden Michigan" S2 7.9 #20
SailingUphill

Post by SailingUphill »

I get the intent of a masthead asym, when short handed, but the boat really is a DDW killer, its not a hot angles kind of boat.
But it really does well on all other fronts.
Presently hull 399, "Ragtime" Blackwater Yacht Racing, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Fomerly hull 68,"Rum Line," Paupack Sail Club, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA.
reidmefirst

Post by reidmefirst »

Yeah I was supposed to race against Foxy in a lake michigan doublehanded distance race. Dad and I started the race but Foxy was nowhere to be seen. We bowed out of the race a few hours in when the wind piped up to 35kts and the waves built up to 8 feet -- didn't want to break anything (most of all my dad, who is getting on in years).

I'm not really hunting for another 7.9 but seemed like an interesting boat for shorthanded and singlehanded sailing. I've found we can handle a symmetrical with just two (so long as the air is pretty light -- gets to be handful to take it down when the wind pipes up especially if it's shifty or waves). I've run it solo too but only when the wind is like 5-8 ;-).
Rock & Roll

Post by Rock & Roll »

Great job on the new website.
There were some initial bugs, but you got them worked out.
Thanks to those volunteers involved.