Help design the CCR - What works best for you in 2006?

Photos and old posts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Tom Elsen
Site Admin

Help design the CCR - What works best for you in 2006?

Post by Tom Elsen »

What are the dates you'd prefer? The racing schedule that makes the most sense to you? What would you like to see included / excluded from the SIs? All suggestions welcome.

We'll need to see what's possible, given the schedule at our host MBYC. So, we can't promise anything right now. If you help out with your suggestions and ideas we'll have a place to start.

My own suggestions: I like the 'up to three races per day' schedule. AND erase provision 13.2 from the SIs in Racine Never let it darken our door again.

Your opinion?
Best wishes,
Tom
drake

Post by drake »

I agree with the "3 races per day" rule, and thought the 13.2 rule was very strange (not as strange as Capt. Tom, though). Also, I'd like to see strong words of encouragement to the RC to always have a leeward gate-- the last rounding of the regatta may have made for some great "funniest home videos" (mostly of my boat) but it was a little on the wild side. Oh, yeah-- no lightning next year. I had to force my foredeck to the front of the boat at knifepoint (something about "I ain't no human lightnin' rod!!")
Mostly, I'd like to nail down the date asap. Believe it or not, some of my crazy crew have commitments way out, so if we don't finalize the date until, say, March, I can lose 'em (I don't think it's ever been that late to be finalized, but the earlier the better). Otherwise, as someone who has only been to the last 2 CCRs, I've been incredibly impressed with the organization both on/off the water, the racer-friendly atmosphere, the terrific facilities, etc. It was very helpful this year to have on-site sail measurement, rather than taking our sails away.
Regarding weight certs, have you gotten the paperwork from the Racine YC folks, Tom? They were gonna send them to you, and it would be great if you could send them to us, so we can then get 'em to Dave G., or whomever they need to go to.
One last plug for the Nashville Equalizer, October 22-23-- 6 races, tough fleet lined up. Come play with us, you'll be glad you did.
Jeff Bonvallet

Post by Jeff Bonvallet »

I like the Thursday - Friday - Saturday format that has been used for the last few years. I'd also like to see it the same weekend in August. We've had a few in September and that leaves out teachers and some with kids on their crew. 3 a day is good... getting too old for 4 in one day. Ditto on the gate, just put it in and do it, forget about the flag.
Jeff Bonvallet #539
Tim Bosma
Web Lackey

Post by Tim Bosma »

For those of us who were not able to be in Racine, what is 13.2?

:arrow: :arrow: Hey Tim. It required anyone completing a penalty turn on the course, to (in addition) fill out some paperwork after the race. Failure to do the paperwork cost you 20%. Several boats took 'double penalties' for violations even though the boats fouled in the incident(s) never filed protests. Seemed quite harsh. Tom
Tim Bosma, Bosun
Hot Tamale Racing
boz@htr477.com
S2 7.9's : #477
Jeff Bonvallet

Post by Jeff Bonvallet »

i would also like to see the glass/mug tradition continued.
Jeff Bonvallet #539

Post by Guest »

I use the coffee mug from Sarnia every day at the office. helps get me through the day (the mug graphics and the coffee). almost as good as taking home silver (or at least that's what I'm told...)
drake

Post by drake »

that was me. too early to remember to log in.
Tim Bosma
Web Lackey

Post by Tim Bosma »

drake wrote:that was me. too early to remember to log in.
Too early for me to be out of bed.
Yes, 13.2 does sound excessive. Good riddance.
I still use my St.Pete NOODs mug (Thanks Mike E. & Bernoulli) 8 yrs later. Since the plans are for Macatawa, there is no reason for us to miss it.
Tim Bosma, Bosun
Hot Tamale Racing
boz@htr477.com
S2 7.9's : #477
drake

Weight certs

Post by drake »

Tom-
Have you received the weigh-in info and paperwork from Racine? I was told that it would be forwarded to you, so that folks who weighed in at RYC would get our certs; I asked if I could get it before we left Racine, and was told it would be sent to you.
I'm concerned that the further from Racine we get (timewise), the busier everyone gets, and the greater the chance the paperwork never gets to you; seems unfair to make some of us reweigh in those circumstances.