on the ground at MBYC

Photos and old posts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Tim Bosma
Web Lackey

on the ground at MBYC

Post by Tim Bosma »

10:30 - Just arrived at MBYC for the CCR. The place is pretty quiet. Picked the lock on my Floating Hotel Room Tomfoolery and set up shop.
More to follow...
Tim Bosma, Bosun
Hot Tamale Racing
boz@htr477.com
S2 7.9's : #477
Tim Bosma
Web Lackey

Post by Tim Bosma »

Well, The end of the first day of racing caps off 2 busy days of registering, weighing, checking equipment, and launching 29 boats. The CCR committee did a great job of getting everyone processed.
Today's race started out in big waves, swells actually (I mean really big - 8' to 12' on the face of the wave). Wind was light but the race started close to on time. 260 degrees, 1.2 nm 4 legs. The race finishe din dimishing winds and the race committee attempted to start the second one. A front coming through shifted then killed the remaining wind, causing the race to be postponed, then abandoned. After floating around in the swell for a hwile, the racing for the days was called. Results for the first race will be published as soon as I gat get it sorted.
Thanks,
Tim Bosma, Bosun
Hot Tamale Racing
boz@htr477.com
S2 7.9's : #477
fleck
Minister of propaganda and lies

Post by fleck »

S2 7.9 fans,

Here's the latest from Holland. We're running low on beer so please send more. Day 2 gave us a wonderful 3 races with winds from the high teens to nothing by the end of the day. Results to this point are:

http://www.sailingsource.com/s279/pages ... ce%204.htm

We'll try to post more tomorow but with all the fun we are having, it's hard to make yourself post stuff on the web. Not to mention the fingers don't work like you want to after a few (too many) beers.

Wish you were here...
Bob Fleck
Horizon 484
emouland

Post by emouland »

One thing we forgot this regatta was to thank the race committe. We always do.

So from the Rebel gang on 108. THANKS RACE COMMITEE.

We always appreciate there efforts.