Revised Owner's Manual

Suggested captions welcome

Moderator: Tim Bosma

Dr.M

Revised Owner's Manual

Post by Dr.M »

Here is my (late) Christmas present to the Association...

https://host-a.net/f/220402-s2-79-owners-manualpdf

Copy and paste the link and it should take you to the manual. I'd like to ask that people take a look and see if I have any typos, errors, etc. I'm particularly interested in knowing if there is an item missing in the "Running Rigging" section. I've edited the illustrations as best I could, revised and replaced text to make things easier to read, completely shifted the orientation of the electrical diagram, and gave the manual a cover. I'll admit to stealing the cover picture, but I did edit out sail/hull numbers and registration marks. If somebody objects, I can change the photo.

AND, I found a couple mistakes on the Rig Tuning Guide page, so I fixed those and posted the revised version.

Best-
Steve
Last edited by Dr.M on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.M

Re: Revised Owner's Manual

Post by Dr.M »

70 views, no comments... Did folks like the update?
Jameso

Post by Jameso »

Wow, That was a lot of work, i think it is great and makes the diagrams a much better resource. Thank you.
Daniel Grabowski

Post by Daniel Grabowski »

Thank you! That is a great present! I can only imagine how many hours you spent on that project
Ed

Post by Ed »

For some reason I could not open the link
Could you lease re post

Thanks Ed
Dr.M

Post by Dr.M »

Try it now. It would be nice if the Class Association would host this revision. I'm not getting much of anything out of this association (considering I am living in Idaho), and may not renew next year. So, if the association wants this revision, it would be great if they could host it so it isn't lost.
Regards-
Steve
Dr.M

Post by Dr.M »

Here is the revised location. My hosting service shut it down as they were concerned about copyright issues. I explained that I had done significant graphics editing and text editing to clean up the document, and that S2 hasn't existed for over 20 years, and that Tiara doesn't supply parts or any support to the boats, anymore. So, I have had my privileges restored.

But, be on notice, I'm not hosting this document publicly past the 2019 calendar year, when my membership expires.
Steve

https://host-a.net/f/229922-s2-79-owners-manualpdf
Mebad

Post by Mebad »

Thank you!
STEELSMITTY

Post by STEELSMITTY »

Link to the revised owner's manual appears to be broken.
Dr.M

Post by Dr.M »

I just tried the link and it worked. January 20, 2022.
Steve
Ed

Post by Ed »

Each time I try to open this or copy and paste and open
My server - google chrome warns me its dangerous and unsafe.

Perhaps I'm the only one that cant quite open the owners manual

Thanks Ed
Dr.M

Post by Dr.M »

Just use Firefox or some other browser that lets you choose to download. I have this posted on a very simple server system that I bought a large amount of storage on something like 10 years ago. I was just there and had no trouble pulling a copy of the manual. Just cause you get a warning doesn't always mean something is unsafe. And if you don't feel comfortable doing that, well, I probably can't help.
Steve