I'm Back...........

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

FEVER

I'm Back...........

Post by FEVER »

I haven't been able to log on for several months. Sent several emails to the class guys, but never heard back from them.
Finally decided to try opening a new account and it worked. So here I am.
I'm the guy that drug the derelict out of the Louisiana swamp and got a fungal infection cleaning the mold out of it.
Hull #17. Its still in the fiberglass shop. Eighteen months straight.
Lesson learned: Go buy a nice boat and go sail it. I wish I had I've got more money, more time and more agriviation it it
than a nice one would have cost. I'll never forget it. My wife won't let me.
Jim Kloss

Re: I'm Back...........

Post by Jim Kloss »

But if you save one ....

Jim Kloss
s/v Ambivalence
S2 7.9 #8
LarryE

Post by LarryE »

I told my wife that if I ever get the bug, to buy an old boat, to fix up, hit me in the head with a dumbbell.
FEVER

Post by FEVER »

Right now I've got my 28th and 29th boats. Only bought one of them new and only lost money on one; The NEW ONE.
Luckily, it was only a Capri Cyclone 13.
One old boat, a "kit" South Coast 22 that was never finished, made me 128% on every dollar I paid for it and put into it.
They were a lot of hard work and aggravation but I must have enjoyed it. Spent nearly forty years at it.
They made me more friends than enemies; although it was close.
Hope to drop off #28 and pick up #30 this weekend.
Larry, your wife might as well start a list of sailors that need a good wack on the noggin. Ask her to put my name right on there with yours.
FEVER

Post by FEVER »

Well, I drove 700 miles yesterday, most in torrential rains, to Ft. Worth and back to Kansas.
I went down to pick up hull #415. One heck of a lot nicer boat than old #17, which it will replace.

My old Ford 150 came up with a case of the hiccups last week, so I borrowed my old Dodge diesel
from my buddy for the trip. Nothing better to pull a boat with. Like a locomotive, never notices
hills or headwinds. But all that power and suspension wasn't much help with the North Texas traffic.

Anyway, its too late in the season to get the boat ready to sail. Lord willing, next season should be
a blast.