Need Assistance - Weighing Equipment

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

rogerdgamache

Need Assistance - Weighing Equipment

Post by rogerdgamache »

Fellow class members:

I am trying to track down the 7.9 Class " I " beam and straps to weigh boats. To the best of my knowledge, the beam was delivered to Racine for the 2010 CCR. The beam was not used in 2011 because the hoist at Lake Huron Yachts has an " H " beam. Please let me know who I need to contact.

Thanks

Roger Gamache

rogerdgamache@aol.com

616-836-3313
Mark Rode

Re: Need Assistance - Weighing Equipment

Post by Mark Rode »

Roger,
I believe we loaded it on a trailer to go back to Michigan following racing in Racine. I have looked around here to no avail. I have one or two places yet to search. I will do that this week.
Mark Rode
Raised By Wolves
Mark Rode
Raised By Wolves
rogerdgamache

Post by rogerdgamache »

Mark:

I know that the beam was delivered to Racine from MBYC on Frequent Flyer's trailer. I also know that we didn't take the beam back to MBYC. It seemed at the time that the beam was left in Racine "for delivery later". I will ask the Holland area participants in the Racine event if they brought it back. I know Derby didn't, because we bought #520 a couple of weeks after the CCR, untouched since the regatta.
Mark Rode

Post by Mark Rode »

Roger,
I spoke with the guys at West Shore today (the marina we weighed at). They recall, as I did that the beam was loaded onto a trailer right after weighing. (they loaded it). The straps went with the load cell (I beleive with Tom). Just to be sure, I searched the club grounds and storage areas. I also poked around West Shore. I do not recall whose trailer it went on.
Mark
Mark Rode
Raised By Wolves