Mid-South Championships

Post details and contact personnel for regattas & other sailing events.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

dave

Mid-South Championships

Post by dave »

Hi all,

I'd like to personally invite anyone interested to come sail with us on Lake Maumelle (just west of Little Rock Arkansas) for this event, November 10-11th with a welcoming party on Friday the 9th. I'd LOVE to be sailing, but I'll be the PRO for the event and wanted to take a moment to promise you top notch, competitor oriented race course management with as little down time as possible. My policy is to postpone and wait on shore if conditions are iffy; as in glassy patches surrounded by light and/or variable streaks of wind and such, and my sole goal is to set the kind of courses and run the kind of races in which I'd like to participate. Taking as much luck or gambling out of racing boats is and always has been of paramount importance for me when running races/regattas, and is something that I look for and judge other clubs by when on the road.

We at GMSC want anyone/everyone coming to our club to feel welcome and go away with the BEST possible experiences to remember and hopefully look back on with hopes of doing again! We have a crane next to the launching ramps to facilitate launching/hauling and/or mast stepping if needed, with running water and 102/240 volt power there too, a pavilion on the water where competitors meetings or general schmoozing takes place and a really nice clubhouse up on a hill overlooking the lake. The clubhouse has a fireplace and hot showers if anyone is so inclined after a hard day on the water! 8) And remember; this is a One Design regatta, it's all about S2 7.9's and those who race them!!!!!

Please join us if at all possible, and also know that two GMSC boats wil be at the upcoming Equalizer in Nashville!!!

http://hottamaleracing.com/s279events/midsouth.php
dave

Re: Mid-South Championships

Post by dave »

Yeah I know................ I left an L out of "will", but with no edit feature.........................