Nashville Equalizer Regatta 2012

Post details and contact personnel for regattas & other sailing events.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Spike Boston

Nashville Equalizer Regatta 2012

Post by Spike Boston »

Who is planning on attending? This is allways a great event !! :D
dave

Re: Nashville Equalizer Regatta 2012

Post by dave »

In case they miss this: Garry Roberts and Anthony Jacuzzi will be bringing their boats/crews, respectively.

We are hoping to get some of the Nashville boats here (Little Rock) for the Mid South Championships. That would REALLY be nice!
Spike Boston

Post by Spike Boston »

Dave, Are you going to be able to attend Nashville this year? :shock:
dave

Post by dave »

I seriously doubt that Spike for many reasons: No one's asked me to go, I really don't like being in a situation where I'm not driving and maybe most important of all........................ I haven't been able to bow hunt the rut in our fair state for at least the last 4-5 years because I've been so busy building sails from September through mid-November!!!!!! :shock: :oops:

Obamanomics finally came home to Arkansas this year and my business has been terrible all summer, but at present I have two sails to build for one of the boats going to Nashville and a couple of racing bottoms to do at our club before November 4th. After that I still have some sailmaking to do but it's a none deadline issue, so I will FINALLY be able to hit the woods when the bucks are crazy and just a little less on their guard than usual!!!! :twisted:

I REALLY would like to make that regatta some time but I'd of course want it to be on my own boat, which still has not been able to peak my interest in finishing all the needed repairs and work to be sail ready, let alone race ready! We all appreciated you coming to GMSC last spring and are looking forward to another visit sometime, and thanks for asking. :wink:
Mark Gutteridge

Post by Mark Gutteridge »

Dave . BLAH BLAH BLAH.You have lots of excuses . When was the last time you did anything for the s2 7.9 class other than run your mouth.I am sick and tired of your expertise.I can`t understand why anybody would buy anything from someone who only critizes other peoples opinions with the air of supeiority that you exude.Go bother some other class.
Sincerely;
Mark Gutteridge
dave

Post by dave »

Man, you are unreal pal!

Whether I choose to sail or not is nobody's business but my own. I do what I enjoy the most and what keeps me as sane as possible, which is why I enjoy getting away in the woods by myself. You say I'm making excuses when I'm only giving reasons, and I'm not even obliged or required to that! I was attempting to be polite by giving Spike my reasons instead of just an Informal "NO" to his question, which I believe he deserves.

I usually race in our winter Keel Boat series (6 months, often cold, windy and wet) with a fairly wide number of folks, trying to help them increase their learning curves and getting more from racing. Last season I finished off the year with the same person whom I'll be sailing with this coming series; A great friend of mine and many others who owns a custom 30 footer and who is fighting a long, tough battle with liver cancer. I'm doing this way more for him than myself because he really needs the help and I would never even have considered bringing the point up except for your not so veiled attempt at labeling me a non-sailing, non-competing excuse maker!

I was on the road traveling to regattas (at least 7-10 a year) including at least one and sometimes two National Championships a year from 1982 until 1997, pulling a boat more than once to California, Florida, Texas, Maryland, Michigan, Alabama and everywhere in between. I've paid my dues and owe nobody any excuses (or anything else) and don't make any. This is the majority of the reason that I choose to do OTHER things now with some of my free time! How many regattas have you been to? How many times have you pulled a boat 1/3 to 2/3 of the way across the country and back, many times a season? That is of course a rhetorical question because I know that the answer WAY LESS THAN ME, but still I don't call people out for not going to this or that regatta or any other event.

Lastly, disagreeing with others or having a different opinion on something gleaned through 36 years of experience is not criticizing, so why the attempted dis?

As happens way to often in humanity, no good deed goes unpunished....................... :roll:
Mark Gutteridge

You just bug me and that is all I need.
I trust you are a good person.
I wish you no ill will.
Mark Gutteridge

Hey , I just noticed that we may be doing an around the island race. That might be interesting if it's possible.
Guts.
dave

Post by dave »

Any results yet?

Thanks
dave

Post by dave »

Never mind, PPYC got them up today:

http://www.ppyc.org/racing/raceresults/ ... 2_S279.pdf
Mark Gutteridge

Thank you Paul Latour for another wonderfull event.I had a blast and the sailing was tight and as ever interesting.