Dunedin Cup September 2015

Post details and contact personnel for regattas & other sailing events.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Southern Gales

Dunedin Cup September 2015

Post by Southern Gales »

The Dunedin Cup is scheduled for September 18 thru the 27. Our course would be just outside of Clearwater Channel and right off Clearwater Beach! Great photo ops off of pier 60. The boats could be rafted up at Clearwater Harbor Marina. I would prefer to have our class race 25-27th as not to interfere with the championships held in Minneapolis. Although, unfortunately I don't anticipate folks making the long haul south just after the championships. I don't see the Dunedin Cup taking away from championship participants. However, I know of FIVE boats of our boats that are going to participate in the Dunedin Cup. Four of the boats are local and one is way south. There will probably be more boats from the east coast and a few from PGSC once word gets out. This regatta has the potential to have a significant turn out for our class. With that said, I'm all in by trying to make it work. Clearwater and Clearwater Beach are international tourist attractions so there is plenty of family entertainment to be had. Especially with the Clearwater Aquarium being the home of Winter and Hope, the dolphins from the Disney movie "A Dolphin's Tale". There are also plenty of resorts to stay at on the island and more modest accommodations on the mainland. a nice trolley system connects it all. Tell me what can be done to accommodate your needs (minus perfect wind) and we'll make it happen.
Attachments
DunedinCup.jpg
DunedinCup.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
~Chris
Southern Gales

Re: Dunedin Cup September 2015

Post by Southern Gales »

We have five 7.9's so far.
~Chris
Southern Gales

Re: Dunedin Cup September 2015

Post by Southern Gales »

Update on S2 7.9 One Design, which is confirmed for Friday September 25 and Saturday September 26:
1) There will be races on Friday and Saturday, one being in the Gulf and one in the bay (ICW)
2) The s2 7.9's will launch and dock at Dunedin Marina during the weekend
3) Trailer storage will be available in the church parking lot.
4) Gulf race will be windward Leward
5) Bay race will have a gybe mark
6) Other spin boats may show up but a class with 6 boats will have its own start.
7) So far, six S2 7.9 Skippers have verbally committed to the Cup
~Chris
Southern Gales

Re: CANCELLED Dunedin Cup September 2015

Post by Southern Gales »

This event has been cancelled due to lack of support and interest.
~Chris