Annapolis NOOD Regatta

Post details and contact personnel for regattas & other sailing events.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

John Spierling

Annapolis NOOD Regatta

Post by John Spierling »

Who is attending 2016 Annapolis NOOD Regatta?? Rebel is planning on attending. Dates of the regatta are April 29 - May 1. Last year we had 6 boats, hopefully we can better the turn out this year.
John Spierling
critical

Re: Annapolis NOOD Regatta

Post by critical »

Working on it ...

Claudio
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

Not sure why you won't consider Charleston a week earlier for Charleston Race Week. I believe it's less travel time as well for most boats and more bang for your buck.
John Spierling

Post by John Spierling »

I am already sailing on another boat in Charleston, is the reason I don't pursue getting a class at Charleston. Secondly, I really like going to Annapolis. It is a great city, and we always have a lot of fun there. It's also a 5 hour shorter trip for me to get to Annapolis vs Charleston. Charleston can also be a long motor boat ride to get out to the race course, and if the wind is blowing out of the east, and tide running out, can also be pretty miserable trip as well.
John Spierling
bwelden_395

Post by bwelden_395 »

Sadly, Peregrine will not be attending this year, so our streak of consecutive Annapolis NOODs will end at 9. Fully expect to be back next year though. I do love the regatta, the venue, the timing , and of course the crabs!

Bart Welden
Peregrine.
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB »

John Spierling wrote:I am already sailing on another boat in Charleston, is the reason I don't pursue getting a class at Charleston. Secondly, I really like going to Annapolis. It is a great city, and we always have a lot of fun there. It's also a 5 hour shorter trip for me to get to Annapolis vs Charleston. Charleston can also be a long motor boat ride to get out to the race course, and if the wind is blowing out of the east, and tide running out, can also be pretty miserable trip as well.
I was involved with the organizing authority last year. We could have a good chance of getting on a harbor circle if we could get a class of at least 6 boats.

The ocean course does make for a longer day. 5 hrs of drive time, (10 round trip?) is pretty long too.

PS. In Charleston our crabs molt 6 times in a life span compared to 2 times for a "Northern" crab. That means more soft shells and bigger crabs! And... check out our Oysters!
Attachments
Oyster 2.JPG
critical

Post by critical »

We registered but only 3 boats. Anyone else going? This weekend is my drop date to make different plans and let my crew know.
John Spierling

Post by John Spierling »

Let's try this again for 2017 Annapolis NOOD Regatta. With a little under two months to the event (May 5-7, 2017), we have 3 boats registered. Hopefully we can get enough boats interested to get a class. If you haven't been to Annaoplis before, it is a great venue. Historic Annapolis, home of the Naval Academy, is a unique place with great places to eat, drink, and visit. Always a lot of fun on and off the water. If you need more info on the event, please respond to this post. Sign up on Yachtscoring soon, so that we can get a class.

John Spierling
John Spierling