Spring regattas. Who’s going where?

Post details and contact personnel for regattas & other sailing events.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

High n Tight

Spring regattas. Who’s going where?

Post by High n Tight »

It seems early having just put the boat away and attended year end banquets, but planning takes time! Thanks to the class for posting the early list of regattas already!
St. Pete has always had a good class turnout, Charleston not at all anymore, and Annapolis has deminished significantly.
I’ve put a crew together for at least St Pete and possibly others as long as there is a class.

What are your plans? How bout an early show of hands for each of the spring regattas.

See you on the water!
Steve
High n Tight #228
John Spierling

Re: Spring regattas. Who’s going where?

Post by John Spierling »

As of 12/6,we currently have 5 boats registered for St. Pete NOOD regatta, and expecting at least another 5-7 boats to register. If you have not registered yet, please follow the link on the home page of the S2 7.9 website and register for the regatta. We plan on having a class together one night after racing and also to have a pre-regatta symposium on boat set up and on-the water tuning. Any questions or help needed getting crew, please let me know, as there area lot of available crew in the north looking to head south for some winter racing .

The class will try to get a class at Annapolis NOOD regatta in May (3-5). If you haven't been to Annapolis, it is a really fun venue with lots of great off the water venues to visit. Launching is easy at Truxton Park and Eastport Yacht Club was very accommodating last year with dockage.

June 1-2, Ford Yacht Club will host the Lake Erie Championships. We have had very good participation at this event, averaging over 15 boats the past 4 years. There is a ramp and dockage available at Ford Yacht Club.

June 14-16, the class is targeting having a One-Design Class at Cleveland Race Week. This will be a new venue for the class at Edgewater Yacht Club. I have done this regatta I the past on T10's and it has been a very good regatta to attend.

August 1-2, Port Huron and Sarnia Yacht Clubs are hosting the Lake Huron One-Design Regatta. Dockage/launching will be available at each club, and racing will be held on Lower Lake Huron. Other classes at this regatta will include Viper 640, Tarten Ten, Melges 24, Ultimate 20, Santana 35.

The Class Championship Regatta will be September 20-22 in Racine, Wi. There will also be a tune up regatta available the weekend prior to the CCR at Racine for those interested. Boats can be stored at RYC between events.

And in October, is the world famous Equalizer regatta in Nashville, Tn. Dates are yet to be determined, stay tuned.

One other regatta the class is looking at, is the Chicago Verve Cup in August. Stay tuned for updates on this regatta.

I hope this helps, and please sign up early for regattas, it helps generate interest in getting other boats to attend.

Your Class President,
John Spierling
John Spierling
Ramaker

Re: Spring regattas. Who’s going where?

Post by Ramaker »

Taking it easy next Spring so I'm not going to be sailing, but I do plan on visiting a couple of regattas and networking a bit. That's the plan for now, at least.