2007 S2 7.9 Canadian Championship and One Design Regatta.

Post details and contact personnel for regattas & other sailing events.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

John Spierling

2007 S2 7.9 Canadian Championship and One Design Regatta.

Post by John Spierling »

Once again in 2007, Sarnia Yacht Club will be hosting the S2 7.9 Canadian Championship Regatta June 29 - July 1. Entry fee last year was $50 and we got 11 races in. We started Friday with the Warning gun at 1pm and got 5 races in on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday and were off the water by noon on Sunday. Social events were held each night in conjunction with the U20 class. 2006 was a great event, lets make 2007 even better. Rebel and Frequent Flyer will be there, and Magic and Itch have expressed interest over the past weekend in St. Pete in attending also. Hopefully Grrr, Hunting Party, and Relentless will be able to make it back again this year too. Hotel rooms are available which are less than a 10 minute drive to SYC. This is also Canada Day weekend and there will be a spectacular Fireworks show in Sarnia Bay just south of the Blue Water Bridge on one of the nights. Stay tune for more details. This is a great tune up for the CCR, we had 5 boats last year, lets try to double that number this year.
Tom Line

Post by Tom Line »

I'm there.

To add insult to injury today, I saw Rebel on their way BACK from St. Pete in Mid Ohio - while I was heading SOUTH to go fix my damn trailer and bring it back north.
Tom Line
Hull 421
Grrr...
8)
grandillusion

Post by grandillusion »

Tom I think your boat name says it all!
S2 7.9 216, H 16 80127, Star 6188
JP

Post by JP »

MAGIC #491 will be there.
Jeff Pawlowski
K Leprechaun

Post by K Leprechaun »

Any more details?? 531 would like to be there!
John Spierling

Post by John Spierling »

The registration form can be found at the Sarnia Yacht Club web site: http://www.sarniayachtclub.on.ca/
Hopefully we can get a better turn out than the Detroit NOOD. I believe that the Skippers Meeting will be at Noon on Friday June 29. Should be a good regatta and a great time. There will be a lot of Ultimate 20's in attendance. Sarnia is the host for the 2007 U20 North American Class Championship Regatta. Many of the U20 will probably stay in Sarnia.[/img]
Tom Line

Post by Tom Line »

Well darn it all. I'm going to have to back out. It looks like I'll be tied up installing some new equipment at work for the next month or so.
Tom Line
Hull 421
Grrr...
8)
K Leprechaun

Post by K Leprechaun »

Ok - I'm signed up - who else is going????????????
JP

Post by JP »

We'll be there.
Jeff Pawlowski
Spike Boston

Post by Spike Boston »

Local boats
Hunting Party
Frequent Flyer
Bad Company
Rebel

Great Racing
Come and join us
Spike
BarryE

Post by BarryE »

Lots of weddings that week,
sorry, I'll be gone too.
Aeolus
Spike Boston

Post by Spike Boston »

Relentless is also coming. Looks like 7 boats so far, anyone else able to make it?
Spike Boston

Post by Spike Boston »

If you are looking for accommodations we would suggest Holiday Inn Sarnia/Pt. Edward, Best Western Guildwood Inn, The Harbourfront Inn Ltd.
All can be found at the following link-

http://www.tourismsarnialambton.com/main/ns/4/doc/278
[url]
emouland

Post by emouland »

Thanks to the Boston clan and Sarnia Yacht Club. This years Canadians were even better than last year. 4 races on Friday, 6 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Yes 13 races in 3 days!

Great breeze, it started light and built all weekend. We got a couple races with 3's up but mainly the genoa.

If you guys know anyone with a 7.9 this is a great event to put on next years calender. With only two classes racing the action is non stop.

Thanks again Bostons.
Spike Boston

Post by Spike Boston »

There are pictures posted from the weekend at

http://doyleboston.phanfare.com

The results will be posted shortly at www.sarniayachtclub.on.ca

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hopefully we can get a couple more boats out next year. Should be the same weekend. So mark your calendars now!