2009?rules

Please post any questions or comments regarding the class association rules, here.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

dixonwj

2009?rules

Post by dixonwj »

A couple of months ago, there were discussions about Roller Furling, forestay length measuring and some other " suggested rule questions" Did anything ever come of this? I was killing time this morning and went to the Class Rules. Page 1 sez 2006 rules. ??
Bill
Fantasy
Tom Elsen
Site Admin

Re: 2009?rules

Post by Tom Elsen »

Hey Bill
We've been waiting to clear some technical and security hurdles regarding the pay-via-the-website page for class dues. This was nothing that could affect the person paying (via Paypal), but could have compromised the class' account. It is fixed and Scott is putting up the page now.

We delayed a vote on the new rule for two reasons: (1) to give more people the chance to pay and therefore be eligible members, and (2) because the changes weren't aggressive.

As far as the "2006 Rules" go, those are current class rules. They are in effect. We typically review rules every few years. Since the major rules re-write, now about a decade ago, we've made few (occasional) changes.
Best wishes,
Tom
dave

Post by dave »

Thanks for not forgetting about the pay online dues bit. As soon as it's active you'll have a new paying member 8)

I may not have payed anything into the class since signing onto this forum a few years ago but I like to hope that I've helped folks out with a few tips and techniques to where I'm not just a carpetbagger!!! :shock:
dixonwj

Post by dixonwj »

Oh. OK on paying on line. I just guessed that dues were on jan 1 basis. Paid mine by check. Never got a notice.
Bill
Fantasy