weight certificate

Please post any questions or comments regarding the class association rules, here.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

fleck
Minister of propaganda and lies

Post by fleck »

Larry,

Here's my take on the rule:

The 40 lbs in rule 2.7.a-1 doesn't replace the weight of the cushions. It means that you may remove your cushions and then up to 40 lbs of your required 'additional' ballast (to make 4600) will be carried in the v-berth.

If your boat weighs 4600 with cushions and without motor, and the motor weights 59lbs; you can remove 59lbs from the boat.

Do you currently have any 'additional' ballast? If you have none, you can just remove 59lbs of cushions.

Lets pretend you have no additional ballast, and all your cushions weigh 70 lbs. You could then remove all the cushions and then carry 11lbs ( 70 - 59) under the v-berth.

If you currenty carry 'additional' ballast and remove your cushions, the first 40 lbs of all additional ballast will be in the v-berth. Pretend you currently carry 100lbs. Subtract 59lbs for the outboard, but add 70 lbs for the removed cushions. You now have to carry 111 lbs of 'additional' ballast. 40 lbs will be under the v-berth and 71 lbs are carried under the steps.

Hope I got all this right (I'm sure someone will speak up if I didn't), and I hope it helps.
Bob Fleck
Horizon 484
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Yes Bob, you got it right! In fact much better than I. (Time for a new rules chair, how 'bout it Bob?)

Jeff Mootz Skyhawk, #250
LarryE-old

Weight

Post by LarryE-old »

Thanks for the info.
I believe we put a man on the moon with less math. 8)
Purr-Fect
Barry

weight cert??

Post by Barry »

Tom
I have contacted some one to weight my boat.
Has cost is 500 dollars.
Does that sound like to much?
Should we do this in annapolis?
He has drive on scales are these ok?
WOW sounds like a big paine in the butt.
Sorry to be a pain.

do you have a list of things to be weighted with the boat?
fleck
Minister of propaganda and lies

Post by fleck »

Barry,

The scale accuracy (+/- 25lbs) and the list of equipment is in the class rules. Page 18-19 is the weigh-in form, and it has much of the info you need.

later
Bob Fleck
Horizon 484
Tom Elsen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Elsen »

$500?? Yeeee---ouch!

No, drive on scales are not ok. Way too much variation and chance for significant error.

Barry, can you work with Bob, please? I think you'll find it's not so much of a pain. I don't know what contacts Bob has, but I can't imagine it'd cost you anywhere close to $500.
Best wishes,
Tom
Barry

Post by Barry »

Sounded like a lot to me.
I'll wait till annapolis and wieght in there.

Mr. Fleck please set this up .