Time to pay your dues ;o} (sorry post in wrong topic...)

Please post any questions or comments regarding the class association rules, here.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

yves springuel

Time to pay your dues ;o} (sorry post in wrong topic...)

Post by yves springuel »

From the class associaton '06 mtg mnts:

"After discussion it was suggested that we raise the dues for 2007 to 35.00 or 40.00 dollars for boat owners and keep the associate dues at 25.00 dollars. There should be a multiple year membership choice (for those who might forget to pay smaller amounts each year)"

So where are we? Glad to pay the freight, even from a distance, like the chesapeake bay, this site in an integral part of my S2 experience, just figured out I was not paid up lasy year (explains why Class Act has not been showing up!).

So what do I do to get back in your good graces? And pay up for last year, this and next? and get my back issues.........
Yves Springuel
Illusion
Tom Line

Post by Tom Line »

yves,

I've been wondering the same thing. Also, what happened with the boom stickers, etc?
Tom Line
Hull 421
Grrr...
8)
tpf

Dues

Post by tpf »

If an increase is required I am sure it would be well received by most but before impementing an increase in the dues I would suggest you publish an income statement that shows a rough breakdown of the income and where the funds are being spent.

If the majority of the funding goes to supporting one design racing then a multi-tier approach may be more appropriate. Boats that race PHRF or daysail/weekend cruise gain a do gain a benefit from the class association but it is important to keep the dues in proportion to the perceived value to those members. If dues are increased and it results in members leaving then the result could be less total income.