life lines

Please post any questions or comments regarding the class association rules, here.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

nick burgett

life lines

Post by nick burgett »

I noticed that some 7.9s have double lifelines, Do the rules permit hiking outside the upper line ?
Dale Eager

Post by Dale Eager »

If I read it correctly, Class Rule 3.6.2 defers to U.S.S.A rule 49.2. So as long as the uppers and lowers are wire, crew can 'butt hike'. It seems to me that 49.2 rules out spectra lowers, at least if you want to use them for hiking.
Coup de Vent #43429 (hull #43)
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

#1 Class rules allow modification to add a life line,(Appendix A2.B.12).
#2 The use of the life line are to be in accordance to U.S.S.A. Rule #49.2 which says, the crew is to keep their torsos inside the life line. This has been interpreted to mean we can use the second life line to keep our torsos inside of. Thank-you for the question. Jeff Mootz
Check out the Horizon True Camera Mounts for video taping on board while racing! www.horizontrue.com
Jim Kloss

Lower lifelines

Post by Jim Kloss »

Got a set of those cool but expensive Schaeffer lifeline rings for Christmas and want to add a lower lifeline. Anybody know an optimum hight, or is it just trial and error?

CSA rules, which apply to me, allow a spectra upper if the lower is wire; any recommendations on what line to use?

Jim Kloss
s/v Ambivalence
S2 7.9 #8