New mast tube prices

Please see the post RE new 7.9 masts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Tom Elsen
Site Admin

New mast tube prices

Post by Tom Elsen »

I'm sure everyone knows what's happened to the price of commodities in the last couple of years. It's been our policy to (generally) keep pace with those increases. But the prices haven't been posted here. One of our members suggested that we fix the problem. So:
The current price for mast tubes is -
$900 for class members
$1500 for non-members

Please recall that anyone wishing to purchase a tube at the class member price must have been a class member for 12 months prior to doing so. We have made no exceptions to this rule, and I think that's fair. Membership in the class association should have benefits. This is one of them.

The Class Association financed the engineering and extrusion of these aluminum tubes. We (the Association) are the owners of the stock.

NewJSI in Tampa FL are the only authorized fabricators of the actual masts. Contact Dave Johnson (djohnson@newjsi.com) or call them directly. Once you pay the class for the tube, Dave and his crew will begin fabrication. This is a separate contract and the price depends on options you may include plus shipping costs.

Thanks
Best wishes,
Tom
Doug Stuart

Re: New mast tube prices

Post by Doug Stuart »

Tom,
Could you please tell me who to submit the money to for a new mast?
Regards,
Doug
Doug Frye

From Dave Johnson at JSI S2 7.9 Mast

Post by Doug Frye »

Your cost on a complete mast with spreaders and a steaming light with PVC conduit to the top is $2162. We need you to send us the existing mast plug as we have never supplied these. We can offer you a $150 credit if you would like to re-use your old spreader bracket. As you mentioned you would buy the extrusion through the association and they would authorize me to build a spar. The class actually owns the extrusion and we store it here.

Shipping is quoted per job and we often try to piggy back a spar with yacht hauler. We have access to a more specialized freight carrier who will had load in side racks.
Typically we can get it anywhere in the great lakes region-and the northeast in the $1000-$1200 range. You can pick it up here at our facility in St. Pete however you would be subject to Florida sales tax of 7%.
Doug Frye
Runaway

Post by Runaway »

Does anyone have the dimension of the mast height?
Runaway
1982 #23
Tim Bosma
Web Lackey

Post by Tim Bosma »

from the lines drawing in the owners manual, the I dimension (mast height above deck) is 30.5 feet.
Tim Bosma, Bosun
Hot Tamale Racing
boz@htr477.com
S2 7.9's : #477
dave

Post by dave »

The I dimension and mast height are only close or the same on a masthead rig......................................
dave

Post by dave »

In case you still need the length, I was at the lake yesterday taking rig and deck measurements of the 7.9. Conveniently, my mast is laying on foam blocks, very easy to accurately measure! 8) The tube itself (not counting the base) w/the welded on top cap is 32' 5.125".
LarryE-old

Post by LarryE-old »

FYI, JSI is now Island Nautical Enterprises.
Same helpful staff, just new name.
Purr-Fect
Carson1226

Post by Carson1226 »

On the market for a mast, looks like this post was last updated in 2012 or something. any idea if these mast are still for sale and how difficult it would be to go from "blank" to Complete mast if I were to do it myself?