Companionway sliding hatch replacement.

Please see the post RE new 7.9 masts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

SailingUphill

Companionway sliding hatch replacement.

Post by SailingUphill »

I helped a guy drop the mast on his S2 7.3, and we cracked his hatch when the boom crutch fell over on it.

I made note that my own hatch has a huge crack on the side of it.

So my question is, does someone have a vendor that can build a replacement hatch?
Presently hull 399, "Ragtime" Blackwater Yacht Racing, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Fomerly hull 68,"Rum Line," Paupack Sail Club, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA.
brian462

Re: Companionway sliding hatch replacement.

Post by brian462 »

Try contacting Mickey Gregg, his info is listed under the Rules/Docs tab and select Part List
Stef

Post by Stef »

The actual hatch, you need to catch a hatch run. Bostons did one several years ago, and I got one. The tracks to slide the hatch are easy enough to make. I don't believe there are any anywhere, but check this site on the parts list.
Stef
Odyssey #146
SailingUphill

Post by SailingUphill »

I've personally made the slides, that's a router and a lot of jig making, but not terribly hard. I did some nice starboard tracks for 68, and was smart enough NOT to cut them all the way through, so that the track was the stopper instead of the fiberglass at the end :)

Yeah this would be for the hatch. I reached out to another contact on here to see if they still did hatches, they were in FL, will be back end of March I think.

I have a big chunk out of my own hatch, but we accidentally cracked a hatch on a 7.3 while we were dropping the mast for the first time in years. We hoping to create a run of 7.3 hatches, another boat neighbor has a huge crack on his 7.3 hatch right at the handle. The 7.3 is similar to the 7.9 but not the same.
Presently hull 399, "Ragtime" Blackwater Yacht Racing, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Fomerly hull 68,"Rum Line," Paupack Sail Club, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA.