Floor water leak

Please see the post RE new 7.9 masts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

normbue

Floor water leak

Post by normbue »

Hey, Does anyone know what is under the floor of the compartment under the cockpit and behind the companion ladder. It looks like flat fiberglass, and I know the bottom is curved. But I have developed a pinhole in that Floor about halfway back that about that seeps a cup of water/week. The boat was dry stored and covered for the winter, and I never had this problem before. The bilge is dry everyplace I can see. Could it leak thru the bulkhead to that stern compartment.
SailingUphill

Re: Floor water leak

Post by SailingUphill »

Directly under the cockpit floor ahead of traveler is the engine compartment for inboards, storage for outboard models, behind traveler is a relatively flat bottom, slide forward, some folks fitted a shelf, with lips to hold the outboard fuel tank, or a permanently mounted fuel tank for the inboard. If you mean pinhole in cockpit, or hull?

I think it way more likely save for impact, that u have scuppers or scupper hoses leaking.

Do you know if you have a converted inboard to outboard model? Beacause that was a common thing done. It’s usually easy to tell, mounts under steps, and the boat will sit slightly high on her waterline while empty.
Presently hull 399, "Ragtime" Blackwater Yacht Racing, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Fomerly hull 68,"Rum Line," Paupack Sail Club, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA.
Stef

Post by Stef »

Also, check stern rail mounts.
Stef
Odyssey #146
normbue

Post by normbue »

I've checked and its none of the things you mentioned. It is a very tiny pin hole in the center of that flat area. However!! Some days its totally dry. Go there a couple of days later and there is a puddle! and a tiny flow from the hole. Except for that spot the boat is totally dry. I didn't see anything on the bottom when I lauched it. I was mainly wondering if that area below the floor is hollow or foam.