Rudder drawing

Please see the post RE new 7.9 masts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Phil's Foils

Rudder drawing

Post by Phil's Foils »

I've made one S2 7.9 rudder, and it was based on a tracing the customer made of his current rudder. Good enough for pleasure sailing, but not class legal. (pic at http://www.philsfoils.com/Designs/S2.html)

I understand that at one time there was a proper drawing of the rudder available in electronic format (pdf) on the class website, and has also been distributed with the class rules. If anyone can help me out and email/fax/snailmail this to me it would be greatly appreciated.

(I exchanged emails with Tom Elsen / John Leyland about this in the spring, at Tom's suggestion, but they weren't able to come up with the drawing)

Thanks
Phil Locker
Phil's Foils & Composites
www.philsfoils.com
Tim Bosma
Web Lackey

Post by Tim Bosma »

I have old .jpg files named planA, planB, and planC from the old rules, however, these appear to be corrupted. I originally downloaded them from the rules at the pages at the class web site before the new rules were hooked in. Perhaps someone knows the old page names and can retrieve usable files.
Thanks,
Tim Bosma, Bosun
Hot Tamale Racing
boz@htr477.com
S2 7.9's : #477
G Rehe

Post by G Rehe »

I forwarded copies of the rudder and keel lines that I had previously downloaded.
G Rehe
Valkyrie #433
Phil Locker

Thanks to all!

Post by Phil Locker »

I've had two folks send me the drawings. Very kind of you. Now I'm in position to offer a rudder that will measure in, should anyone need one.

Cheers
Phil
www.philsfoils.com