KEEL LIFT LINE

We request that you register on the site to post here. Replies to posts are open to all.

Moderators: sderby, Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

captnstumpy

KEEL LIFT LINE

Post by captnstumpy »

Anyone have a diagram/schematic or photo on how to rig the KEEL lift line? Mine are bare at present...
normbue

Re: KEEL LIFT LINE

Post by normbue »

Give me an email address and I will show you how I rigged mine. Normbue@yahoo.com
captnstumpy

Post by captnstumpy »

Waynerettinger

Post by Waynerettinger »

My keel lift is the 3:1 arrangement.. I would like to up grade to 4:1, 5:1 or whatever. Need diagrams, bill of materials, and source, and recommendations
Slawterj

Post by Slawterj »

I could really use some help with this too as it is on my list for this fall. Can anyone help us out--or is there another thread that I am not seeing?

Thanks,
John
SailingUphill

Post by SailingUphill »

You know, I was hoping that I took detail pictures of the lifting mech, but I didn't, however, you may be able to make out the 4:1 from these pictures...
Basically I just moved the keel lifting blocks out of the boat and up to my rafters, then instead of running the lines to the coach roof I ran them down to my genoa track, to lift the keel out. It worked, actually worked well.
This you can barely make out the routing of the line through the blocks at the top...

This you can make out the routing of the lines at the top of the keel.
Presently hull 399, "Ragtime" Blackwater Yacht Racing, Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Fomerly hull 68,"Rum Line," Paupack Sail Club, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA.
normbue

Post by normbue »

John, If you send me an email, I will send you a layout of the lifting line like I did for Captn stumpy. I even ran another turning blk which makes it easier, but adds many more cranks.
Normbue@yahoo.com
Slawterj

Post by Slawterj »

Fantastic!

John.slawter@gmail.com

Thanks so much,
John