Toe rail end caps? S2?

Please see the post RE new 7.9 masts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

sycmcsa

Toe rail end caps? S2?

Post by sycmcsa »

My total refit of my 7.9 #267 is almost done but I am in need of the two bow rail and stern cap/trim. I remember reading awhile back S2 still had these available but now cannot find that information. Anyone know? And what is the best way to contact S2/Tiara? Thanks!

Attachments
0626101930-1.jpg
0626101930-1.jpg (81.09 KiB) Viewed 5317 times
dave

Re: Toe rail end caps? S2?

Post by dave »

Looks great!!! :wink:
Mark Gutteridge

Post by Mark Gutteridge »

Hi;
I don't know anything about toerail end caps.
BUT I DO KNOW A VERY BEAUTIFULL BOAT WHEN I SEE ONE.
NICE JOB!
Chimo;
Guts( Hunting Party #448 )
dave

Post by dave »

I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I never thought that the wide factory stripes were appealing. They surely thought that such a graphic would make the freboard appear lower, but to me an all white 7.9 with maybe just a very narrow WL stripe is one GREAT looking boat!!!

A few years back the previous owners of "Gargle Blaster" brought their boat down here to race in a regatta or two on Greers Ferry lake, I was the PRO. That boat was all white, no stripes, and had the name in big graphics on the side. That's STILL the best looking 7.9 to ever grace MY eyes!!! 8) :wink:
Steve Smith

Post by Steve Smith »

Thanks Dave, we always enjoyed racing there!

Steve
dave

Post by dave »

Steve, did you get another boat and are you still racing?
Steve Smith

Post by Steve Smith »

Dave
Never got a replacement. I've been crewing on "other people's boats". Did about four years on a J105, the last couple of years racing a Melges 24, along with the occasional Lightning regetta. Chris hasn't sailed much in last three of four years.

The S2 is a great boat and fleet, I obviously take a peek in here every once in a while to see whats going on.

Is Gary still racing there?

We still have the shotgun shell that we got from you for our first "bullet" ever on Gargle Blaster!

Take care
Steve
dave

Post by dave »

Yeah, Garry is still sailing the boat. He actually won in A fleet overall this past fall through spring series............................................. then again I wasn't out there sailing because I was RUNNING the races!!!!!! :lol: 8) :wink:

I say "he" but we all know that it's impossible to do well without a crew and he has a good crew with a strong core. He has also improved a bunch in the last couple of seasons.