Rudder Gudgeon Bushings

Please see the post RE new 7.9 masts

Moderators: Tim Bosma, Tom Elsen

Bullseye07

Rudder Gudgeon Bushings

Post by Bullseye07 »

Sorry to start new post on this subject, but last thread I read was 2009.
My boat is #229, 1983
I am looking for Gudgeon Bushings. I tried the contact email for Stef in the older thread with no success.
I also read there were an older and a newer Pintle/Gudgeons used on the boats. I was not able to attach any photos because the site indicates "ERROR - Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" and I realize it may be difficult, but can anyone identify the make/model and are they good or I should replace my Rudder hardware based on the dimensions?
Without a micrometer: Gudgeon opening is 7/8" - 15/16", Gudgeon Height is 1 1/2". Pintle is 11/16" - 3/4"
Any help appreciated. - Mike
Southern Gales

Re: Rudder Gudgeon Bushings

Post by Southern Gales »

I just posted a photo. Perhaps try saving as a smaller file size? I used the smallest option on the iPhone. Hopefully you'll get a better response with a photo. Good luck.
~Chris
Rock & Roll

Post by Rock & Roll »

Sorry I can't help you. But I need new ones as well.
#182 Allegro
Larry
chriscraig99

Post by chriscraig99 »

Not sure what email you have for Stef. Try: s.seeuwen@gmail.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

I would try J. V. Carr industrial supply house. If you have dimensions they can likely come up with exactly what you need or something close enough that you could modify. I did this years ago with a Kirby 25 rudder post bushing. Was able to replace place plastic bushing with bronze. If not J V Carr just about any industrial supply house should be able to help. Let us know how you made out !!
Stef

Post by Stef »

Stef is right here. I have plenty of bushings in stock!!! $30 set of two bushings, free shipping for class members. Made from virgin Delrin. Dimensions are in the area you posted. Pintles are 5/8". From what I understand, hull #1thru #42 had 1/2" pintles.
You can email me at: s.seeuwen@gmail.com
I promise to answer.
Stef
Odyssey #146